You may have often thought about how nice it would be to have a completely different smile. Is there any way you can change the way your smile looks? Thanks to dental veneers, you have the opportunity to make a big change! Veneers provide a “false front” that can revolutionize your smile.
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin that measure less than 1.5mm in thickness, and are typically used to cover teeth which are discoloured, worn, chipped, or misaligned.
Veneers are used for many of the same reasons as bonding but they involve a different procedure. The first step is to prepare the tooth and take an impression of the tooth. A temporary filling may be used while the impression is being custom created at a dental laboratory. Once the veneer has been created, it is cemented into place.
Veneers can transform your smile
Veneers are used to fix a number of aesthetic concerns with teeth such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps in teeth
- Discoloured or stained teeth
- Worn or chipped teeth
Typically, veneers are highly stain-resistant and durable, often lasting from ten to fifteen years. This makes them a great choice as a solution for anyone seeking that perfect smile without the worry of extra upkeep or incurring a costly dental bill.
What are the advantages of Dental Veneers?
Veneers offer the following advantages:
- They provide a natural tooth appearance. The colour can be matched to your actual tooth colour.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
- Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant, so they usually stain less than your actual teeth, keeping them whiter for long.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth's color and shape; veneers generally don't require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
Although veneers are more expensive and time-consuming than bonding, they are less expensive than opting for crowns (and also conserve the natural tooth, as a bonus). If you are looking for a dentist in Woodstock to find a solution for worn, stained or misaligned teeth, give Dr. Ed Hoben Dentistry a call at (519) 539-4868 and our dentists can help you find an affordable solution, such as veneers.
Call Dr. Ed Hoben Dentistry in Woodstock for a consultation with our dentists regarding veneers.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have. Just click here to get started!Ask a Question
New Patient Forms
By filling out the New Patient Forms ahead of time you will save significant time on your visit.New Patient Forms