Senior Dental Care Woodstock
At Dr. Ed Hoben Dentistry in Woodstock, we understand the unique dental care needs of our senior patients. Good oral health is a crucial aspect of overall well-being, especially as we age. Our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive senior dental care, ensuring that your mouth stays healthy and your smile radiant as you grow older.
Key Aspects of Senior Dental Care:
1. Preventing Gum Disease: Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss in adults. To safeguard your oral health, it's essential to brush and floss regularly, maintain a balanced diet, and schedule regular visits with Dr. Ed Hoben.
2. Managing Plaque Buildup: Plaque can accumulate more quickly and in larger amounts as you age, potentially leading to various dental issues. Using a fluoride toothpaste recommended by the Dental Association can help minimize plaque buildup and maintain a healthy smile.
3. Treating Dry Mouth: Dry mouth can result from medications and medical conditions. Our team can provide effective solutions to address dryness and maintain the necessary saliva levels for a healthy mouth.
4. Preventing Cavities: Aging can bring about changes in your mouth that increase the risk of cavities. Fluoride treatments can reduce this risk by 15 to 35 percent, offering a vital defense against tooth decay.
5. Regular Dental Check-Ups: Even if you no longer have natural teeth, routine dental visits are crucial. These appointments help us monitor your oral health, detect signs of mouth-related diseases such as diabetes, and ensure the longevity of dental prosthetics like dentures.
6. Denture Care: Dentures require maintenance and replacement over time. Our team can guide you on proper denture care and advise you on when replacement is necessary to maintain oral health.
7. Cosmetic Dentistry: We offer various cosmetic procedures, including teeth whitening and bonding, to enhance your smile and boost your confidence. Ask Dr. Ed Hoben about which techniques are suitable for you.
8. Adaptive Devices: If medical conditions like arthritis or stroke have made oral hygiene challenging, we provide adaptive devices such as toothbrush extenders and specially designed floss holders to assist you in maintaining your oral health.
Our commitment is to help you keep your mouth clean, healthy, and feeling great at any age. With proper home care, regular visits to Dr. Ed Hoben, and a commitment to oral health, you can enjoy a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime.
Contact Us for Senior Dental Care:
If you're a senior in Woodstock looking for comprehensive dental care tailored to your needs, please call Dr. Ed Hoben Dentistry at (519) 539-4868 to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located at 35 Wellington St. North in Woodstock, ON, and we look forward to serving you and helping you maintain a healthy, radiant smile in your golden years.